Friday, October 17, 2008

"It's not JUST about the ride"...

Our last day of cycling.....

Last night was our last evening together as a group and we went out in style. We had a great meal at the castle restaurant complete with too many bottles of wine... We all ended up in the dungen which is also the bar. After some flaming drinks and toasts the music got switched.... (Jeff didn't like my choices...) Penny showed her Spainyard roots and treated us to a rumba or salsa or some kind of dance with our bartender.... I was a great way to top off our trip. With only one more day to go... and by the way ... it's a "shopping" day in Florence.... I couldn't help but wonder....

Sitting here trying to figure out what was the best part of our trip.... I can picture riding along the ridges of the hill tops and looking down both side of the mountains. The views are amazing and my descriptions don't do them justice. Or maybe watching the kids sing they're songs in front of the church as their families smiled from ear to ear with pride... Or maybe the food.... pasta like you've never eaten before... it just melts in your mouth.

And it came to me.... it's the people. The people around you.... It's the people on this trip and the people of Italy that have enriched my life.

Thank You to all of you for making this trip wonderful. You all make a difference in those around you ... a lasting impression that will "enrich" ALL of our lives.

Lance had it right... "It's not about the bike".... Well to sum up this trip in one sentence .... "It's not JUST about the ride"...

"Life's Short...Enjoy the Ride"

Ciao!

2 comments:

Sus said...

What an awesome experience - now you can create the same feeling you had this week at home! Have a safe trip - smuggle back some pasta!

Brie said...

the experience doesn't have to end now, keep the memories alive with those around ! I feel like I was with you and Lori and Jeff...thanks for sharing....

I'm so glad YOU ENJOYED THIS RIDE!!!!!

Glad I could ride along with you!

See ya soon cowboy!!!