Wednesday, October 8, 2008

The night before "Italy" and all through the house....


Wow... Can't wait for this adventure to start.  It's my first time to Italy and my first organized bike tour!  What a combination.  Sore "ass" and ton's of vino!! 

I'm not sure how long my body will last on this trip but I'm going to give it the o'l college try!  I'm sure my ride mates Lori and Jeff Scheel won't let me quit.  My goal is 50-ish miles a day for a week.  Not to mention all the pasta and wine one can inhale in the evenings!  Lori, known as "the little train" (I just made that up... she'll love it) for her determination to be at the top of every hill first will hopefully be pulling me and Jeff all the way.  The one thing that scares me is her favorite saying.... "You just got passed by a GIRL".... I know it's coming!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this adventure and hope there will be plenty more to come!

Here's the details of my Trek Travel vacation!


MORE TO COME FROM ITALY!

4 comments:

FlyinOkie said...

Get ready to kiss some cheeks, have fun #1 hasbin.

'Jeffro'

Folsom Robert said...

I've always wondered what it would be like to ride with a bottle full of chianti. Let me know John! Safe riding to you, Lori, and Jef.

Folsom Robert

Brie said...

AAAAHHHHH, the vino,pasta,and pigeons!!! Nothing better than in Italy!!! Can't wait to see the pics and read the stories of Lori kick'n your butt mister!!!!

Life is short...ENJOY THIS RIDE!!!!

Luvs ya
Brie

Batmanbmx said...

Enjoy and I'm sorry we didn't connect in the Firenze Aeroporto. Did you land at AM or PM?

The weather is outstanding right now. Cool mornings, warm afternoons and comfortable evenings. The leaves are starting to change as well.

Have fun.